Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blake Hinckley Smith!

 Ahhh!!!!  Our sweet little Blake was born April 23rd, he was 7lbs 14oz!!!  He is such a handsome little guy and we adore him. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already!!!  Motherhood has been everything I've dreamed of and more.  I love love LOVE being a mom, it is the most exciting-terrifying-challenging-and rewarding thing I've ever done. We just love looking at him and laughing at all the funny faces and noises he makes. I'm so happy Joel and I get to be with this little man for eternity...we are so blessed....

I had my first contraction at the very end of Stake Conference.  We timed contractions for a couple hrs and  kept thinking they would just stop since they weren't very regular or very long- we didn't want to get our hopes up!  Well they never stopped and just kept going.  My water broke at home which was nice because it took away the question of how long to wait till we went to the hospital.
The contractions weren't fun, but in between I was feeling great!  Joel and I were both excited and happy that this was FINALLY happening!  We were totally rushing and nervous but still joking and laughing on the way to the hospital which was totally great and not how I expected.  For some reason I just kept imagining the ride to the hospital would be horribly serious and stressful (well it was probably a little stressful for Joel since he was driving).  
 no contraction-contraction
 I was only at a 3 when we first got there :(
 After a very LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG labor Blake was born the next day at 10:55am!!!  It was so amazing!!!!  The nurses had to work on him for a while to get the fluid out of his lungs (which was so so sad, they pounded on his back for the longest time trying to get everything loosened up). They put him on my chest after they wrapped him up and he just looked up at me and stared right at my eyes for the longest time....it was amazing!!!!  He was so calm and looked so sweet.  It's crazy how you can instantly love someone SO much.



 Joel is such a good dad :)
 Oh that sweet little face!

 Grandma Richelle
 Grandpa Kendall
 Grandpa Jeryl.  We missed getting one with Grandma Jeanne :(

 On our way home!  We were pretty nervous to take him


So tiny!!!  I can't believe how much he's grown already!

2 comments:

Terril Family said...

CUTEST BABY EVER!!! No joke! Oh man Kalli, I am so happy for you. He really is darling and looks so sweet! And I am so happy that for you and Joel getting to experience parenthood...awesome! Love you! Hope you are getting some sleep.

P.S. Your prego pictures are darling!

Katie K said...

I'm SO glad you finally posted!! I really want to meet the little guy! I hope everything is going so well for you guys! Congrats!